FIS is reporting that Venezuelan researchers have concluded cachama to be great stock for circular tank rearing. The study, published in the Venezuelan journal, Zootecnia Tropical, measured productive behavior, yield and feed conversion.
Cachama (Colossoma macropomum) -- also known as gamitana or tambaqui is farmed in Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil, and is part of an Amazonian diet. (Photo Wikipedia)
Tests indicated that tank-rearing had little to no effect on the fish’s growth. Low investment and high production is music to a fish farmer’s ears and this is exactly what the researchers from the National Institute of Agricultural Research (INIA), the Socialist Institute for Fisheries and Aquaculture (Insopesca) and the Universidad de Los Andes (ULA) found. Fifty thousand tonnes of the fish are expected to be harvested by the end of the year.
Octaform is ideal for circular fish tanks. The smooth easy-to-clean, fish-friendly environment is easy to construct and requires very little maintenance.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION - THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Are you a new graduate interested in seismic and/or structural engineering?
This Vancouver, BC based position involves analyzing and coordinating cutting edge research in the field of structural testing and concrete technology.
We are looking for applicants with a sufficient amount of knowledge pertaining to structures combined with creativity and excellent interpersonal skills. This job is not solely about crunching numbers; applicants must have sufficient writing and communication skills in order to effectively coordinate between our current research projects and our head office.
- To assist the company in developing knowledge in the field of concrete technology as it relates to the Octaform system
- To enquire about outreach programs for universities and other educational organizations to provide awareness of and testing of the Octaform system
- To participate on current product improvement and development projects
- To learn about innovative stay-in-place concrete forming systems produced by the company
- To participate in building code application process
- Perform some technical analysis
- To write reports and analysis on current research
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com